Making time for yourself is hard. Making time for yourself as a stay at home mom to a newborn or toddler can seem impossible. But if you have one REALLY great friend, you can totally make it happen.
The transition to new motherhood was not the easiest for me. (Read all about my breastfeeding trauma here.) I let certain challenges really define my success as a new mom. I found myself obsessed with being the perfect mom (whatever that meant), and dealt with baby blues without even knowing it. My soul sister/partner in crime over at A Lovely State of Mind recognized when I needed a minute just to be me. She’d come over and take me out for a walk around the block and just let me unload. That was kind of the beginning of our once a week girlfriend dates.
These dates can be anything from coffee to pajama parties to bourgeois wine bars like Augustine. Last week, that’s where wine night took us. While the conversation may steer toward motherhood (usually my bad), just being out in the world as an individual can be rejuvenating. Here’s a quick list of pros and cons for the small wine bar in Sherman Oaks.
- romantic/cute ambience (like this needlepoint detail at the cute two person booth we sat in)
- yummy wines
- close to home
- delicious cheese/meat plates and appetizers
- friendly bartender who is willing to spend time helping you choose the right wine
- older and slightly douchey crowd
- pricey wines
- attractive bartender that all the cougars want to flirt with, therefore making your wait to order wine or food a little long
All in all a really cute place to get a little dolled up and grab a good glass of wine with a girlfriend.
Augustine Wine Bar13456 Ventura Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91423